Tarot of The New Vision - CARDS - tarot cards
Shipping and handling: US $4.99
Price: US $15.58
Each additional item: US $0.00
0 available / 21 sold
|About this item
- Pack information: 78 cards with booklet
Card dimensions: 65 x 120 mm
- and Gianluca Cestaro
They say: The figures of this deck were inspired by the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot,
- designed and described by renowned English occultist Arthur Edward Waite for the young painter and illustrator of
- books, Pamela Colman Smith, who created them in 1909. This tarot, without a doubt the most famous in the world, has
- been the object of many attempts at imitation and was the source of inspiration for numerous decks that are still on the
For the first time, the images created by Smith for the New Vision Tarot were designed by rotating the
- perspective 180 degrees (the figure is no longer seen from the front, but rather from the back). What the depicted
- figures have in front of them or behind them can therefore be discovered (depending on the angle). This is not simply a
- figurative peculiarity but an ulterior extension of meanings. Some symbolic elements, where possible, were also added in
- order to come closer to the traditional symbols.
One of the greatest difficulties when the new images were
- designed was the angle of the Kings and Queens seen from the back on the throne. The problem was identical for
- many Major Arcana such as the High Priestess, the Emperor, the Hierophant, the Chariot, and Justice. While realizing
- this project some of the cards required 'artistic' license for the enlargement or reduction of the size of the figures and
- objects in relation to their original position. For some cards, for example the High Priestess and Justice, the edge of a
- curtain located behind them was allowed to fall in order to make the main character more visible.
- currently use the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot now have a convenient deck that represents its complement and its
- completion. Thanks to the New Vision Tarot, a new and enlarged image of each card is possible for more profound
- reflection. As if wanting to emphasize the coincidences of life, in order to illustrate this tarot two twin brothers were
- chosen thanks to their modern and effective colors with a clean line: Raul and Gianluca Cestaro. A man and his twin, a
- coin and its other side, a person and his opposite point of view, the Rider-Waite tarot and this deck: All for broadening
- knowledge... and awareness.
Combine shipping is possible.
|Last purchases |
|If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:|| |